Great Harwood Opening Times

Monday 08.00 - 18.30
Tuesday 08.00 - 18.30
Wednesday 08.00 - 18.30
Thursday 08.00 - 18.30
Friday 08.00 - 18.30

Medicals and Forms



If you are too ill to work a self certificate form (SC1) covers you for up to 1 week off, this is available from your employer.  After that time if you are not fit to return to work you will need a statement of fitness for work from your doctor to give to your employer. This is free but needs you to be seen so you have to make an appointment. If you need a private certificate there will be a standard charge to provide it.


GPs do complete forms such as holiday cancellation forms, passport forms, mortgage protection forms etc.  However they do so in their own time as these requests are not an NHS duty.  There there will be a wait time of approximately four weeks for a GP to complete a form and there will a charge for this work. 


If you require a medical for work purposes such as HGV or PSV licence please contact the surgery to book an appointment.